Thursday, August 22, 2013

Patience Patience my loves...

Hi ya'll!
I finished my mission papers!
Three weeks ago my bishop sent my paper work to the stake president, all I needed was my stake president interview then a few weeks later I would have my mission call! I was expecting to have the location of the place I would spend the next year and a half of my life, I was so excited. It has since been three weeks, and still no stake president interview.
After a week and a half I was getting impatient, everyone was telling me to call and bug my stake president but I decided to ask my bishop first if it was normal. My bishop said "When I delivered the papers to Brother G, he said that it would probably be a couple weeks. Be patient, it will come quickly". Two weeks after that I asked my Bishop again, he told me he would go ask Brother G but he was sure it would be any day now.
(Seriously my face when I spoke to my Bishop)

Let me tell you girls it has been really hard to wait, but I took it as an opportunity to develop the Christ like attribute of patience. I'm still waiting but it isn't hard anymore, I know my call will come at the perfect time and this wait is just necessary. Rather than being upset I decided to be happy and excited and it has made all the difference.
However ever since I spoke with my bishop I have had the word Patience on my mind. What is patience and how do I cultivate that patience?
Patience is knowing all things happen in god's perfect time.
"Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious" -Preach my Gospel page 120.
Patience is the ability to accept God's timing.
Patience is facing adversity calmly and hopefully.
Patience will make you into a good example for others. Alma 17:10-11
Patience will make you into a success. Alma 26:27
Patience develops faith.

I heard once when you're tempted to loose patience remember how patient god has been with you. I know that through developing patience my faith has been strengthened. It is still hard to be patient sometimes I just want to scream WHEN WILL I GET MY INTERVIEW. However since I have been studying patience it has been on my mind all the time! In those moments the things I study come into my mind and I am able to deal with it in a way I know my father in heaven would be pleased with.

Sometimes I feel like my call will never come. If that is the case so be it, because I know it's god's will and that get's me through those long days.
Develop patience in your life! Pray often, read your scriptures, and just remember heavenly father wants us to succeed and we will if we are continually trying to be righteous and please him. I've been blessed in so many ways these past three weeks for bring positive and patient, in small ways and big ways.
I LOVE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!
Send me when you want lord!
I'll be ready!
-Marisa Juarez


(Beautiful)

No comments:

Post a Comment