Monday, July 22, 2013

Day in the life of a Mormon Missionary!

Hey guys update, my mission papers are almost in! I have my bishop interview on Sunday, then I'll have my stake president interview about a week later then my papers will be in. It's going along great. SO, funny story. I met with my bishop a week ago, I was all ready to submit my paper work. He told me he wanted to meet one more time to really go over everything and fine tune it so my application would be perfect. Of course, I was bummed out because I'd been looking forward to that meeting for weeks. Then we get to the part where I had scanned in my drivers license to find I had accidently scanned some random document of my dads. My bishop and I just laughed, I realized no matter what I would have needed to wait and fix that. I love those random small things, just laughing over that made me feel so much better. Knowing our heavenly father has a plan and knows all things is such a comfort. I may be impatient but he's not, and with Jesus Christ as my rock how can I go wrong?  
So I promised you a look into the life of a Mormon Missionary! There are all kinds of people in the world so every missionary is unique in their own way. However, they all follow a very similar schedule.
A missionaries morning starts at 6:30 am, they have an hour of personal study, which is when the missionaries individually study for their investigators, then an hour of companionship study where the companionship comes together to discuss and share the insights and impressions they received for their investigators. Along with a half hour to exercise and an hour to eat and get ready. They are out of their apartments by 10am.
An afternoon may be spent teaching gospel lessons with people they meet or volunteering to do service in the local community.

Their evenings are spent sharing the gospel with investigators, or at a baptismal service of a new member. A missionary will usually have a dinner appointment at a members home. However, the dinner does not have to be with a member, it could be one of their investigators, or they may wind up getting their own dinner. They return home around 9:30 pm usually exhausted but extremely happy.

Here's another question, What do missionaries share?
The answer is one thing and one thing only, the gospel of our savior Jesus Christ.
"We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins" (2 Nephi 25:26).
Hope that helps somewhat!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment